One of my favorite meals in the winter is soup. Between soups and anything that can be made in my crockpot I am pretty much set for the winter. One easy and delicious soup is Chicken Corn Chowder. Great flavor and full of all of my favorite things! Chicken, corn, onions and all of the other veggies I love!
- 1-2 lbs of cooked chicken ( I always shred a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket)
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cans of creamed corn
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp of heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 4 red potatoes cleaned and diced into 4 sections each
- Season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic power, onion powder, paprika)
1. Place shredded chicken in large pot with 3 cups of broth and cook on low.
2. While the broth and chicken are marinating together heat the butter in a separate sauce pan over medium low heat. Add diced onion and garlic in melted butter. Cook until the onions are soft with a golden brown color.
3. Add red and green bell peppers to butter mixture and cook about 2-3 minutes or until peppers have softened.
4. Add onion and pepper mixture to chicken and broth and stir.
5. Add potatoes, and heavy cream and remaining both
6. Season to taste
**Side Note: You can all of these ingredients to your crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours or on high for about 1 hour.