One of my favorite meals in the winter is soup. Between soups and anything that can be made in my crockpot I am pretty much set for the winter. One easy and delicious soup is Chicken Corn Chowder. Great flavor and full of all of my favorite things! Chicken, corn, onions and all of the other veggies I love!
- 1-2 lbs of cooked chicken ( I always shred a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket)
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cams of creamed corn
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp of heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 4 red potatoes cleaned and diced into 4 sections each
- Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Place shredded chicken in large pot with broth and cook on low.
2. While the broth and chicken are marinating together heat the butter in a separate sauce pan over medium low heat. Place diced onion and garlic in melted butter. Cook until the onions are soft with a golden brown color.
3. Add onions, red and green bell peppers, garlic, potatoes, and heavy cream to the chicken.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
**Side Note: You can all of these ingredients to your crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours or on high for about 1 hour.