In the warm winter months warm foods are a necessity. And chili is the one of the best ways to combat the cold. I love making chili because it is incredibly easy and tastes amazing! It is always easy to customize chili to fit your particular taste buds. Below is my favorite take on chili. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs of ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 lbs of sausage link
- 2 cans of chili beans
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion ( chopped)
- I green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 TBSP bacon bits
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 3 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 TBSP of Garlic
- 1 TBSP of Oregano
- 1 TBSP dried Basil
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika to taste
- 2 TBSP of white sugar (or to taste)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium to high heat. Place ground beef/turkey in the skillet and cook until the the meat is crumbled and mostly cooked. Place meat in a strainer to remove all excess grease.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large pot, blend well, and cook over low to medium heat for 2 hours. Stir occasionally to ensure the bottom doesn't burn.
3. Add cheddar cheese and/or crackers and enjoy!